Rat Control in nyc
No matter where you live in the world,rats will be there!! | Ratcontrolnyc.com, Rats have a role in the spread of many human pathogens, heightened by to their close association with humans. Rats consume and contaminate foodstuffs and animal feed. They also damage containers and packaging materials in which foods and feed are stored. Rats cause problem by gnawing on electrical wires and wooden structures (doors, ledges, in corners, and in wall material) and tearing up insulation in walls and ceilings for nesting. Rats damage buildings by gnawing through walls, pipes, ducts, and electrical wires – often causing fires. They eat and urinate on food and can carry dangerous pathogens and parasites.
How does this affect the public of nyc?
Rats can destroy or contaminate food supplies. Rodent feces and urine are a source of gastrointestinal diseases such as Salmonellosis or E-coli infections, and respiratory diseases such as Hantavirus. The rat flea has been an important agent of transmission for Plague and Murine typhus.
Signs of Rats
* Scratching noises in walls or under the floor
* Rats drop dark, tapered droppings about 3/8″ – 9/16″ long.
* Distinctive smell – strong smell in enclosed areas.
* Damage to property
* Ripped food packaging
* Burrows – rats will dig burrows.
Tips and Trick to Control Rat in nyc
1.Eliminate Food Sources
- Remove defective refuse cans.
- Provide a sufficient amount of refuse cans. A 32 gallon container with a tight fitting lit is best.
- DO NOT LITTER. Be sure garbage in secure in container and not on the ground.
- Drain and wrap garbage before disposing.
- Remove pet food immediately and clean up animal waste.
2. Eliminate Water
- Keep all drains covered and secure.
- Make sure hoses are not leaking.
- Get rid of any standing water in yard.
- Fix any defective pipes or drains.
3. Eliminate Rodent Hiding Places
- Get rid of junk, lumber, old boxes, discarded appliances chairs or bedding on the ground or under porches.
- Remove abandoned vehicles.